Consumer Holiday Expectations Are In
By David Daniels, CEO and Founder – The Relevancy Group
This week we had our annual Consumer Holiday Behaviors and Attitudes Webinar which was as always was sponsored by Zeta Global. The event was full of data and featured excellent discussion and insight from Zeta’s Tim O’Leary. You can watch the webinar on demand here.
Some of the interesting findings include:
- Consumers utilize email every day, 89 percent of them are checking their email daily. Email remains our digital fingerprint and shows no sign of being replaced by other communication modalities.
- Mobile dominance is increasing. Forty percent of consumers state that their primary email device is their mobile phone and 26 percent state that it is their primary online shipping device. Retailers must ensure that their messages and websites are optimized for mobile viewing.
- Self-gifting is up year-over-year from $264 in 2017 to $279 in 2018. Retailers should be utilizing BOGO offers and messaging that encourages to be self-indulgent.
- More consumers intend to shop on Cyber Monday. Eighteen percent report that they are going to do most of their holiday shopping on Cyber Monday which is up about ten percent from last year.
- Women are more engaged on themed shopping days, nearly half of women state that they will do most of their shopping on Black Friday as opposed to 39 percent of men. Fourteen percent of women say they will do all their holiday shopping on Black Friday.
- On average consumers will comparison shop across three sites; but 20 percent of consumers state that they don’t do any comparison shopping. On the webinar we discuss the reasons why that is, one of them being the impact of Amazon Prime as increasing spot for buyers to go to.
There are many more findings, tactics, and tips including how to leverage mobile real-time data to improve the customer experience.
Tune in and check out this wonderful webinar.
Wishing you success this holiday season!
All the best,
Email Marketers Who Use Artificial Intelligence Report Better Results
Last week I teased this research with a webinar promotion on the same topic. This one is a favorite, exploring AI and email deliverability. Layers of complexity and many months went into this piece. I am thrilled to be the first to research AI and email deliverability and document these results.
Today we are releasing the full research report in advance of the free webinar on September 26th at 1:00 PM ET.
Sponsored by Return Path, the report illustrates how AI-powered deliverability solutions can enhance outcomes for marketers while eliminating tedious and repetitive tasks from their daily lives. Research findings also highlight improved effectiveness for marketers using AI-driven email marketing tactics versus those that rely on humans alone.
“As the email industry continues to evolve, marketers are looking for more than just monitoring and best-practice based recommendations. They’re demanding real, effective solutions to the problems they face every day,” said Return Path CEO Matt Blumberg.
At The Relevancy Group, we are excited by the significant potential for AI in the email marketing space—and especially its ability to drive more valuable inbox experiences.
Download the research and attend the webinar when we will be digging into the details of this data-driven report as well as showcasing Return Path’s EmailDNA offering.
If you have any questions about the research or methodology, follow and message us on Twitter. Otherwise, I will see you on the webinar.
Wishing you all the best,