About: Published on 3/26/19, The Relevancy Group analyzes the utilization of automation in email marketing. This research covers the adoption of basic email triggering but we focus on how automation can leverage real-time data to deliver relevant experiences, stream-based segmentation. Individuals desire personalized communications and we investigate how automation can be utilized to create efficiencies and deliver higher revenue.
• How are marketers embracing email automation?
• How does email automation transcend triggered mailings in 2019?
• What role does real-time data have in automation and does such an approach make a difference?
Report Excerpt: Automation Transcends Triggered Messages as More Email Marketers Turn to Site Targeting
Email Automation is more than simply triggering an email based on customer behavior or system action. Many ESPs have advanced to deliver solutions that leverage real-time data to personalize the customer experience at the individual level (see “The Relevancy Ring – ESP Buyer’s Guide 2018, Enterprise Edition”). Given these solution enhancements, marketers must think about email automation more broadly. Data indicates that they are. When asked about their top email marketing tactics, targeting email subscribers with online advertising was number two on their list. More than one-third of email marketers stated they are leveraging website behavior for targeting.
Innovate with AI, Overview of AI Market Spotlight Guide
Join us 1/16/19 at 1PM ET.
During this sixty minute session, principals from The Relevancy Group will review data from the recently published AI Market Spotlight Guide, The Relevancy Group analyzes the latest trends in the utilization of AI in marketing and spotlights four vendors that are delivering exciting AI innovations. This guide provides executive marketer survey data on the attitudes and adoption of Artificial Intelligence and showcases four leading vendors with a diverse set of AI offerings. five email marketing agencies and documents vendor selection as well as market trends. AI vendor spotlight sponsors include Adobe, OneSpot, Return Path, and Selligent.
Speakers Include the Authors of This Research, including:
David Daniels – CEO & Founder, The Relevancy Group
Nicholas Einstein – Chief Research Officer, The Relevancy Group
2019 Marketing and Martech Predictions
Join on us on 1/9/19 for a free webinar to hear The Relevancy Group discuss 2019 martech and marketing predictions as well as the best of 2018. Register and get a copy of the webinar recording. We will be discussing this research that was published in on 1/8/19. The following takes on what the industry can expect in 2019 are based on the briefings we took, data we generated, and analysis we conducted in 2018. We are extremely excited about the year ahead and believe that the following forces will drive improved efficacy and efficiency for marketers and enable more valuable and positive customer experiences.
• What does The Relevancy Group expect from martech in 2019?
• Which technologies will most directly impact marketers in 2019?
• How will the adoption of key marketing tactics impact the customer experience in 2019?
Marketers Will be Laser Focused on Driving Positive Customer Experiences
Marketers will focus on improving the quality of the customer experience by adopting individualized marketing. In 2019 marketers will meet the new opportunities of the velocity of marketing data. In 2019 we see meaningful AI/ML advancements for marketers that will create efficiency and reduce the need for production staff. Brands will continue their digital transformation journey, but more will rely on outside experts and embrace certification such as SOC 2. Identity matching will reach critical mass propelling advancements in relevancy, individualization and revenue optimization.
The Research: 4 pages, 1,314 words. Part of our Research Subscriber Series, Subscribe and Save | TRGSS2518 | Watch The Webinar.
Nearly twenty thousand data lovers have been letting the good times roll this week in New Orleans and getting the latest from Tableau, one of the stalwarts of the data visualization space. Those who made it to the big easy have been treated to some big news as they took in over three hundred and fifty sessions totaling over six hundred hours of educational content and several significant product announcements.
Some of the highlights from NOLA have included:
- Ask Data – a new way to engage with the platform that leverages natural language processing to enable customers to ask questions and engage with the platform in a conversational manner. Users can now type in queries such as “what are top performing SKU’s?” and get interactive visualizations that are driven by user intent not merely keywords.
- Tableau Prep Conductor – is a separately licensed add-on that is available as part of the most recent beta release which allows users to centralize the administration, scheduling, and monitoring of data prep flows in a scalable environment.
- Amazon Web Services Initiative – the initiative expands on the existing relationship and integrations between Tableau and AWS Services including Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena, Amazon EMR, and more.
- $100 Million Granted to Address Global Challenges – the company announced that between now and 2025 they will grant $100 million in software, training, and financial support to address issues such as combating diseases globally, bringing clean water to kids living in developing countries, and reducing veteran homelessness across the United States.
Check out highlights and videos from the conference here.
(disclaimer: my wife works for Tableau)
Email Marketers Who Use Artificial Intelligence Report Better Results
Last week I teased this research with a webinar promotion on the same topic. This one is a favorite, exploring AI and email deliverability. Layers of complexity and many months went into this piece. I am thrilled to be the first to research AI and email deliverability and document these results.
Today we are releasing the full research report in advance of the free webinar on September 26th at 1:00 PM ET.
Sponsored by Return Path, the report illustrates how AI-powered deliverability solutions can enhance outcomes for marketers while eliminating tedious and repetitive tasks from their daily lives. Research findings also highlight improved effectiveness for marketers using AI-driven email marketing tactics versus those that rely on humans alone.
“As the email industry continues to evolve, marketers are looking for more than just monitoring and best-practice based recommendations. They’re demanding real, effective solutions to the problems they face every day,” said Return Path CEO Matt Blumberg.
At The Relevancy Group, we are excited by the significant potential for AI in the email marketing space—and especially its ability to drive more valuable inbox experiences.
Download the research and attend the webinar when we will be digging into the details of this data-driven report as well as showcasing Return Path’s EmailDNA offering.
If you have any questions about the research or methodology, follow and message us on Twitter. Otherwise, I will see you on the webinar.
Wishing you all the best,